Community Habilitation Coordinator - Part Time
20 Hours per week
The Community Habilitation Coordinator works with the families receiving community habilitation and respite services. This includes writing plans, placing counselors into homes requiring services, liaising with the families, overseeing and coordinating the counselors, monitoring staff development, and coordinating counselors’ notes, time and attendance and billable services.
- The Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Supervisor with the operation and development of all Community Habilitation Cases
- Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring valued outcome goals with the individuals and Community Habilitation Staff.
- Responsible for reviewing the Community Habilitation Staff’s documentation record and monthly summary notes for accuracy, billing and auditing.
- Maintain site control as necessary, providing at least one home visit quarterly with the individual, advocate and Community Habilitation Intensive Support Staff present.
- Responsible for calling or spot check visits during the Community Habilitation staff work shifts.
- Responsible for developing Community Habilitation Plans in conjunction with ISP meetings every six months or on a more frequents basis if needed.
- Participate in all agencies internal training and external training assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain and update all Community Habilitation documents according to OPWDD regulations.
- Assist Community Habilitation Staff with planning, coordinating and attending person-centered activities with the individuals.
- Work with Community Counselor’s and the individuals on as needed basis or as assigned by supervisor for development, recreation and emergent needs.
- Responsible for coaching, scheduling training, reviewing timesheets and positive communications with staff regarding placement and agency news.
- Utilize skills obtained from training sessions (internal and external) to support staff during Community Habilitation.
- Utilize the screening assessment form to provide individualized supports to the individual, draft and update plans.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health or human services related discipline.
- At minimum 1 year experience as a medical services coordinator, or two years progressive experience in a customer service environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in utilizing office equipment, databases, Microsoft office.
- Fluent in English, bilingual preferred.
- Valid unrestricted New York State Driver’s License, to agency standard
- Ability to travel and be on call during off hours