OPWDD Registered Nurse (RN) - Part Time
Salary: $32 - 35 per hour
16 hours per week
Special Citizens Futures Unlimited are committed to the development and delivery of a comprehensive, integrated system of services, which has as its primary purpose the promotion and attainment of independence, inclusion, individuality and productivity for adults and children with Autism.
Schedule: Monday through Friday
The Agency Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing nursing services, coordination and monitoring of medical services, including psychiatric and medication, in accordance with regulatory agencies and individual needs.
The Agency Nurse (RN) shall be responsible for the supervision of unlicensed direct care staff in the performance of nursing tasks and activities.
- Train and supervise the administration of medication and documents findings.
- Collect and interpret clinical data, and will determine appropriate intervention needed.
- Will make sure necessary medications are available to individuals.
- Prioritize individual medical needs and provide necessary nursing care.
- Will provide counseling and case management for assigned individuals.
- Will develop individualized care plans based on physician recommendations and orders
- Assess and provide medically related trainings to DSP’s. i.e. AMAP
- Will initiate standing doctor’s orders ensure that they are communicated and followed.
- Will utilize the nursing process and triage agency individuals, when necessary.
- Collaborate and communicate with Directors and Residential Management and Staff
- Participate on various committees
- Attend trainings to remain current in field
- And other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to triage urgent and crisis situations; solve problems and stay focused.
- Excellent reading and writing skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be organized, attentive to detail, and possess a positive, friendly, and professional demeanor.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- NYS RN Certification
- Bachelor’s in Nursing (BSN) Degree highly desirable.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience working with aggressive individuals with behavior problems is preferred.
- Maintenance of necessary certifications as per OPWDD and Agency Regulations
- Valid unrestricted NYS Driver’s License, to agency standard
- Ability to travel and transport individuals
- Ability to demonstrate competency in written, verbal and computational skills to document services in accordance with program and OPWDD mandates
- Flexibility as days, hours and location may change based on agency needs.
Benefits we provide our employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off for Part Time Employees
- 1 Floating Holiday per year
- 8 Agency Paid Holidays
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 403 B Retirement Plans
- Pre Taxed Commuter Benefits
- Professional Development
- Employee Discount Programs
Special Citizens Futures Unlimited, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, sex, disability, familial status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or any other category protected under federal, state or local law. Special Citizens Futures Unlimited, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities.